Isuzu UTE Australia Pty Ltd, ABN 80 129 563 739 ("IUA/we/us/our") respects and upholds your rights under the Australian Privacy Principles contained in Australian privacy legislation. Whether you are a customer or other persons we want you to have confidence in the way we use and handle your personal information.
1. WHAT KINDS OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOLD
Personal information is any information or opinion about, in any form and whether true or not, an identified individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable.
Generally, the types of personal information we collect will depend on the circumstances of both the person from whom we collect the information and the reason for the collection.
Some examples of personal information we collect from time to time include:
- Contact information and identification such as your name, address, telephone number(s), email address; and date of birth;
- Demographic information such as your gender, age, postcode, household income, household numbers;
- Vehicle and servicing details such as your vehicle purchase date, vehicle details (such as its number plate and vehicle identification number), registration details, name of your Dealer, driving report information, any additional products or services you acquire from us or our Dealer, any warranty claims made in connection with those products or services, your opinion or your experience in relation to our products and services and any additional information you provide to us that is reasonably necessary for us to perform our services or provide our products to you;
- Payment-related information such as bank account or credit card details;
- If you are employed by, or contracted to a Dealer, we collect and maintain training records about you, your use of our Information Technology systems and records of commercial communications;
- Information collected for marketing purposes, such as product research, marketing campaigns, customer surveys, and social media and community platforms, and publicly available information that you post or publish or broadcast; and
- Finance details.
If you do not provide your personal information, it could prevent us from providing certain products or services. Some examples of the impact on you if we do not collect personal information about your new vehicle purchase, are that we would be unable to notify you directly of a product recall affecting your vehicle, along with warranty services, roadside assistance, and capped price servicing.
This way the other person is aware that you have provided their information to us and can read this Policy to understand how their information will be handled. You must obtain all necessary consent from the other person before providing to us their personal information (including a parent or legal guardian’s permission for minors).
From time to time, IUA collects sensitive information (personal information that can have a negative consequence for the individual). Sensitive information includes but is not limited to information about your race, ethnic origin, health information, and professional memberships. IUA will require consent from you before we collect, use or disclose sensitive information.
2. COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
If personal information is collected by IUA it will be, where possible, gained from you directly when you interact with IUA via our website, mobile application, email, telephone or in person.
Examples of situations where IUA may collect personal information from you directly:
- when you participate in our surveys, competitions, promotions, events, sponsorships, or other activities;
- when you interact with IUA’s website, subscribing to our email distribution lists or requesting information;
- when you communicate with us in person, by email, phone, social media, or other forms of communication; and
- if you are in individual contractor to IUA, from your employer or recruitment agency.
While we endeavour to collect the information directly from you, we do collect your personal information from third parties including market research organisations, our related entities, Dealers, contractors, agents or marketing entities.
Some examples of situations where IUA may collect personal information indirectly are:
- providers of data-collecting devices, products or systems used by you;
- contractors performing a service or function on our behalf (e.g. Dealerships);
- your employer, contractor or another person who supplies you with a vehicle; and
- any person who you refer us to or whom we refer to you.
We will only collect personal information that is reasonably necessary for the specific purpose, function, or activity for which we are collecting personal information.
3. HOW WE HOLD PERSONAL INFORMATION
IUA will generally hold hardcopy personal information securely at our premises. IUA also holds personal information electronically on secure platforms such as online servers and on our website.
We will take reasonable steps to protect the personal information held from misuse, interference, loss, and from unauthorised access, modification and disclosure. We secure the personal information we hold in numerous ways, including:
- security of our premises;
- maintaining physical security of paper records;
- using security cards to access areas;
- using secure online servers;
- implementing measures to prevent unauthorised access, use or damage to electronically held information, by using unique usernames, passwords, security software (e.g. - firewalls, encryption and anti-virus software) and other protections on systems;
- restricting access to your personal information to staff who need access to perform their jobs;
- maintaining sensitive documents securely; and
- taking commercially reasonable efforts to ensure that other parties handle your information in line with the Australian Privacy Principles.
We will endeavour to destroy or de-identify your personal information as soon as it is no longer required by us (as permitted by law).
If you provide your personal information to us by email, we will take reasonable steps to protect the information provided. However, email is not a secure method of communication. We cannot guarantee the privacy, security, and integrity of your information during transmission of the email.
If you have any concerns about sending your personal information by email, you can contact us via post or phone (contact details are provided in section 10 of this policy).
4. USE OR DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect, use, store and disclose your information for multiple purposes, including:
- setting up, and administering supply of Isuzu UTE products and/or services to you, including through our Dealers, agents and/or contractors where relevant;
- providing customer assistance and support (including roadside assistance and capped price servicing) to you, as the owner/driver, of a vehicle we have imported and distributed;
- responding to any inquiries, comments, or complaints;
- customer service improvement;
- warranty claims, product recalls or if we wish to offer upgrades or modifications to products or services that you have acquired;
- reasonable business functions (for example, use of a database, and other storage and processing of information to carry out our business operations and to better understand your needs);
- statistical purposes;
- marketing or promotional campaigns;
- to inform you of new products, services, partnerships, promotions and/or events;
- managing and facilitating a competition you have entered or survey you have completed;
- improving your customer experience and our marketing through product planning, product development and research;
- considering job applicants for current and future employment (and will, from time to time, disclose the information contained in your application to contracted service providers for recruitment-related purposes);
- managing our relationships with our Dealers, suppliers and other stakeholders;
- considering your application (if applicable) as a prospective job applicant, Dealer, franchisee, or contractor;
- complying with our legal obligations, assisting government and enforcement bodies or regulators, or where otherwise required to meet our regulatory or legal obligations, or an order of a court or tribunal; and
- any purpose we notify you about when collecting your information or to which you have provided your consent.
If we propose to use your personal information for a purpose other than the purpose disclosed above, we will obtain your consent prior to using your personal information for that purpose, unless permitted by law. Further, your personal information will only be used for purposes that relate to our business activities.
The persons we disclose your personal information to include:
- suppliers, advisors, consultants, agents, and contractors we ordinarily engage for the above purposes or for any other function on our behalf;
- our related entities;
- one or more of our Dealers;
- any entity to which we are required under law to disclose such information; and
- other third parties.
If we do disclose your personal information to a third party, except where the disclosure is required by law, we will take commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the third party handles your information in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles.
We typically enter into agreements with the above organisations to ensure that information we disclose is used only for the limited purposes for which we have provided it to them.
We will communicate to you the purpose for collecting your personal information by electronic or other means.
5. DIRECT MARKETING
From time to time, we use personal information to inform our customers, prospective customers, and other persons with whom we interact about our products and services, or about special offers, promotions, partnerships and events that we think may be of interest.
We directly market our products and services to prospective customers, customers and other persons, using personal information, such as name, contact number or email address provided, including without limitation by post, phone, email and SMS. Generally, we will give you the opportunity to express a wish not to receive direct marketing communications.
6. DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION OVERSEAS
- IUA Related Bodies Corporate including our parent company Mitsubishi Corporation in Japan; and
- our service providers that are located, or hold data, overseas, including in the USA, Canada and Ireland.
7. PRIVACY AND OUR WEBSITE - CLICKSTREAM DATA AND COOKIES
Each time you visit our website or other online platforms ("Platforms”), we, along with third party service providers or advertisers automatically record some anonymous information, known as click-stream data, including the type of browser and system you are using; the address of the site you have come from, and move to after your visit; the date and time of your visit; and your ISP Client IP address.
We collect this information for statistical purposes to find out how our website is used and navigated, including the number of sessions, the frequency and duration of visits, most popular session times. We use this information to evaluate and improve our website performance.
A Cookie is a data file attaching to your computer, mobile phone, tablet or other device ("Device"), when you visit our Platforms ("Cookie").
A Cookie helps us to recognise you when you re-visit our website and to store form data for future use. With most internet browsers, you can erase cookies from your Device, block all cookies, or receive a warning before a Cookie is stored. If you want to do this, refer to your browser instructions or help screen to learn more.
8. ACCESS AND CORRECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Where we hold information that you are entitled to access, we will endeavour to provide you with a suitable range of choices as to how access can be provided. Depending on the extent of information you require, we may require you to pay a reasonable fee to access your personal information held by us but not for making the request itself.
Privacy laws give you certain rights to access the personal information we hold about you. However, there are some circumstances where those laws do not require us to provide such information, such as where the information relates to anticipated legal proceedings or if the request is frivolous or vexatious. If we deny you access to your personal information, in certain circumstances, we will usually tell you why, taking into account the grounds for the refusal.
If at any time you believe that personal information, we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, then you can request amendment of it, and where the personal information is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, we will update our records to rectify the issue.
Please contact IUA Customer Relations on the address below if you have any queries, you would like your personal information corrected or you have complaints about the personal information that we hold about you or the way we handle that personal information.
Post: Customer Relations
Isuzu UTE Australia Pty Ltd
PO Box 500, Cannon Hill, QLD, 4170 Australia
Phone: 1300 147 898
Website contact form: https://www.isuzuute.com.au/discover/contact-us
Please allow us reasonable time to respond to your request or complaint. We will endeavour to investigate and respond to you in writing within 30 days.
If you are unsatisfied with the Company’s response to your complaint, or concerns, you can elect to take your complaint to either:
- the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner whose contact details can be found at www.oaic.gov.au, calling 1300 363 992 or emailing email@example.com; or
- where a complaint relates to your finance with us, you can access the Australian Financial Complaints Authority at afca.org.au or by calling 1800 931 678.